Have you experienced of wanting to send a message to your co-player but did not have enough time to type while playing a Massive Multiplayer Online Game? If so, then Microsoft has the solution for you. Microsoft is releasing a new pilot feature available on Xbox One and Windows 10 PCs called Game Chat Transcription. This feature allows speech-to-text and text-to-speech capabilities, offering a new way to communicate that creates a more accessible and inclusive gaming experience for everyone. Xbox One is a video game console that is developed by Microsoft. It has received positive feed backs for its distinguished controllers, multimedia features and voice navigation.
This game console can view and play content of Digital Living Network Alliance (DNLA) servers and Universal Service Bus (USB) storage device using the Media Player Application, It allow a playback video from a DVD, CD and Blu-ray Disc. The game console has the capability to stream live television by acting as a High Definition Multimedia Interface (HDMI) pass through for an existing television provider that allows the use of digital terrestrial television.
Game Chat Transcription is a longed-for addition for a player that has poor hearing and for those who have technological limitation, for example – the player has no microphone so is unable to speak during a game or has a physical inability to talk. It’s also a great way to capture all of your swearing, or claims of wall hacks during multiplayer games. It appears the feature will need to be supported in games directly, so this won’t be available as part of the Xbox One’s party chat option. The company said that Halo Wars 2 is the first game that will support this feature. Halo Wars is a real-time strategy game in the Halo Universe that makes you Construct your bases, prepare your vehicles, and amass your troops. Lead them into huge battles that span across alien environments in a vast collection of campaign and multiplayer maps.
Video Courtesy of Youtube:
To activate Game Chat Transcription on an Xbox One you will need to follow the following steps:
- Go to Settings à All settings à Ease of Access à Game Chat Transcription
- For you to be able to transcribe other player’s voices into text then you have to select the Speech-to-text option.
- If you want your chat message to be read aloud to other players then you have to select the Text-to-speech option.
- For you to choose the voice that makes the other players hear when your text is read aloud, just select one of the available voices in the Text-to-speech voice menu.
To activate Game Chat Transcription on Windows 10 you will need to follow the following steps:
- Got to Settings à General à Game Chat Transcription
- Select Speech-to-text to transcribe other player’s voices into text.
- Select Text-to-speech to have you text read aloud to other players.
I am sure that this additional feature will benefit the gamers more than anyone else. This is playing made easier. Have fun!