Apple’s latest music streaming service offers its consumers a ‘free three month trial’ so as to attract them before they actually begin charging them for these services. There are chances that you might not be into Apple Music or you might not be interested to spend money for this service. Cancelling your subscription of Apple Music is easy and here’s how you can do it in a jiffy.
Cancelling the subscription on iOS
- Click your user account avatar that’s located on Apple’s new music app at the top-left corner after which you’ll land to your account page.
- Tap ‘View Apple ID’ there, enter your ID and password and then wait till you are taken to another page related to the account settings.
- Click ‘Manage’ under the ‘Subscriptions’ option where you’ll come across everything to which you’ve subscribed. Here, ‘Apple Music’ will be near the top, listed as ‘Active.’ Click on ‘Apple Music.’
- Next, you’ll land on a page which reveals details regarding your Apple Music subscription including the info of when your free trial will end. Next to ‘Automatic Renewal’, there’s also a toggle. Click ‘On’ and you’ll be asked if you’re sure. Select ‘Turn off’ and you’re done.
Cancelling the subscription on iTunes
- The procedure on iTunes is similar to that followed in iOS. Click at your avatar and select ‘Account Info.’
- Enter your Apple ID and password, click on ‘Subscriptions’ in the accounts page and then click ‘Manage.’
- Amongst the list of your subscriptions, there’ll be an option for you to edit your Apple Music subscription as well. Click it and turn off the automatic renewal feature. Now you’re good to go!
Apple always asks you one last time before you turn off your subscription. If, however, you have a change of thought and need to subscribe again, you can always follow the instructions mentioned above and re-subscribe. At the end of the day, that’s exactly what Apple expects, don’t they? But now, you are smarter than that 🙂