Samsung Releases Upgraded Battery for the Galaxy S3

The Samsung Galaxy S3 has quickly became one of the most popular phones on the market today.  Is it the perfect smartphone? Some would say it is pretty close, though it would be nice if it had a bigger battery. Perhaps something like the Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX HD’s 3300mAh Battery?  While they won’t be able to get something quite that big, Samsung has released an extended battery for the Galaxy S3 giving it an extra 900mAh.

The 3000mAh battery will set Galaxy S3 owners back $64, but they will also have to sacrifice a bit more than just a little cash.  You will lose that sleek look that comes with the Galaxy S3 as the larger battery will create a slight hump on the backside of the phone.

The batteries are available now.  Is the extra juice worth losing the sleek lines?  Sound off and let us know what you think.

[ source ]

1. randomcommenter says:

I’m guessing the stock battery is the max they were able to swing while keeping the form factor as slim as it is. Personally, I wouldn’t have minded slightly thicker if that’s what they went with to start with, but changing the dimensions means cases built for the stock dimensions will no longer fit. Not worth having the 900 extra mah if I have to worry about shock damage.

2. Sasuke says:

Just me that has a decent battery? With heavy usage it’ll go happily from 9am-2am the next day, light usage will get me 2-3 days. That’s without the power saving mode

3. Kenny says:

I have a big battery but only use it when I know I’m going to use the camera, and its no problem to switch plus it lasts 3 times as long.

4. spmatl says:

The battery life on the S3 I have never makes it through a whole day, even with light usage. The battery has always been the main flaw of this device (second issue is that it is slow!). This new battery is an admission that they have a problem and should be given to current owners.

5. Guest says:

Well they had to keep the sleek look lol I’m just curious what the availability of quality cases will be.

6. john says:

Slight hump ?????
    what about the case I have on it now ?
    Samsung should have put a better (larger battery) in it in the first place !
    but of course they wouldn’t be able to get the extra $64 out of your pocket, GEEEEZ !!!