HTC Droid DNA versus Samsung Galaxy Note 2
With most smartphone owners looking for large screen devices, there have become quite a few great choices. In the 5-inch and higher category, the two most tempting devices on the market are likely going to be the HTC Droid DNA and Samsung Galaxy Note 2. So which should you get?
Honestly, it’s hard to say for sure. If you are in to power and want the device that looks the best on paper, you’ll find these two phones perform quite similarly when it comes down to it.
The biggest reasons to get a Droid DNA are the following:
- You want a 5-inch screen in as small a package as possible
- The 1080p screen resolution is important to you.
- You are a fan of the Droid series
- A lighter device is appealing to you.
- It doesn’t bother you that the device can’t expand through SD.
As for the Galaxy Note 2? It’s all about the “phablet features”:
- You want MASSIVE screen, and don’t mind the bulk.
- The Note 2 has the S-Pen and all the special features that come with it.
- You want full expandability and multiple storage configuration sizes.
- You want carrier options besides just Verizon, since Note 2 is available on multiple carriers.
There are other reasons, but the bottom-line is that you get they have a lot of similarities on paper when it comes to processing power and RAM. The biggest differences are expandability, screen size, the stylus and overall dimensions.
We aren’t going to compare each and every category, but instead we’ll simply say, they both have a lot to offer and neither is really the “better choice”, it’s about what fits into what you are looking for. Sometimes a video just tells the story better than words ever can. Pocket Now has an excellent “VS” video that is worth checking out.
So what do you think, are you interested in the Note 2 or the Droid DNA?
[ source ]