The Nokia Lumia 920 is at the top Amazon’s AT&T Best Seller Chart

Nokia Lumia 920

Windows Phone 8 has been on the market for several days now, so how are things going? While there has been reports that there weren’t enough units ready to meet the demand, it still seems that devices are selling well. In particular, the Nokia Lumia 920 is doing exceptionally well so far.

We previously reported that Windows Phone 8-powered Nokia Lumia 920 hadn’t moved up on Walmart and Best Buy bestseller lists, but that largely could be that they just don’t change the lists quickly enough. Interestingly though, Amazon now places the Nokia Lumia 920 at the very top (1st place) of AT&T’s bestselling devices list.

When it comes to overall smartphone sales from all carriers how does it rate? It’s at number 17. This isn’t bad at all, especially considering that AT&T is the only carrier selling the Lumia 920.

Although Nokia hasn’t been that popular in the United States for a while now, the strong reception of the Lumia 920 is a good sign. It’s too early to say that Windows Phone 8 is a massive success by any means, but Microsoft could finally have a mobile OS that firmly positions the company in third place in the mobile market. Of course, they will have some competition for third place in the form of Firefox OS and the upcoming RIM Blackberry 10.

Do you think that Microsoft Windows Phone 8 has what it takes to finally solidify its position in the smartphone market? Are you more interested in HTC, Samsung or Nokia’s WP8 devices?

[ source ]

1. hema says:

Still waiting for the launch ..Lumia 920 touch screen is awesome ….!!

2. XY2007 says:

Proud owner of a Nokia Lumia 920, kicked my iphone 4 to the curve! :)

3. Lee says:

Got my white 920 yesterday. Told my friend with an iPhone 4 about it and he ended up switching a few hours later. He seemed more happy than I did!

4. xy2007 says:

Yay got my yellow one today! pre-ordered on November 7, :)

Good news for both Nokia and MS but bad news for fans of Nokia and MS Windows Phone here in the Philippines. It took several months before WP7 reached our shores when there was little demand for it… so with this demand, when does WP8 and the 920 reach our shores!

6. dp says:

i’m VERY disappointed in the lack of planning on Nokia’s behalf. For a “make it or break it” campaign, not having sufficient inventory does not seem to be an option. i ordered mine a week ago, and ATT is now telling me at least another two weeks. Boooooo

7. Jass Hugh says:

Great News For Nokia and Microsoft..I shouldn’t have bought my galaxy note, I should have waited for the 920. Damn

8. Mine is blue and its definitely an eye candy device. All my co workers have envied it since I got it and are hoping to get there hands on one soon. The device was designed very well and WP8 is the butter on the toast.

9. Make says:

Cant wait to get my red beauty next week!

10. This is great news, hopefully it will stay there. It is a good phone at a great price. Hopefully the consumers will see what our users have been experiencing

11. I have the white 920 and it is a great phone. Windows phone 8 has surprised me so far and I am happy that I switched from the iPhone. The only app I actually miss is Flipboard.

12. Lulu says:

I’m only interested in Nokia. I got my Lumia 920 last Saturday and I’m very happy with the phone & WP 8 OS. :)

13. vieagle says:

I’ll pick up a red 920 when it comes available in Canada:)