iPad 4 and Mini: Redsn0w 0.9.15b3 Jailbreak Saves iOS 6 Blobs to Cydia

Do you have a new iPad mini or a new iPad 4? It looks like the Dev-Team people are once again on your side, because they’ve released an update to redsn0w that allows you to save your iOS 6.0 blobs off to Cydia. Naturally, they recommend that you stick with 6.0 if that’s where you are at the moment.

They also note that several bug fixes come along with redsn0w 0.9.15b3, including an error that Windows users were encountering with the Restore button, as well as an iTunes error for stitched files. As per the Dev-Team blog:

Version 0.9.15b3 fixes the redsn0w “error 2601” that Windows users were seeing using the Restore button. It also fixes a related Windows iTunes error 14 for stitched files. Note that if you have a baseband, you should probably avoid stitching and simply use redsn0w’s native Restore (not iTunes).

Those lucky recipients of new iPad minis and iPad4s on Friday can use this redsn0w to save your 6.0 blobs off to Cydia. First connect your new device and turn it on, then use redsn0w’s Extras->SHSH Blobs->New and point it at the 6.0 IPSW.

I didn’t see any updates since, but they were also promising an ultrasn0w compatibility update for iOS 6.0 that is “mostly useful for 3GS old-bootrom users who are currently enjoying the untethered 6.0 jailbreak.” That will have the same baseband support as with iOS 5.x.

In any case, the downloads of redsn0w 0.9.15b3 are available now for OS X and for Windows.

[Source]

1. DavidXhema says:

is there a jailbreake for ipad 4 out or not….

2. Dario says:

So can I use this to jailbreak my ipad mini?

theres no ipad 4.. theres no ipad 3.. :/

• alex. says:

what are you talking about?.. iPad 4 just dropped a few days ago.. and ipad mini..

• Anonymous says:

Uhm I was just on the apple website.. They only have the iPad, iPad 2 and the iPad mini. Idk where you’re getting 3 and 4 from..

• Chris says:

No the new iPad is the iPad 4 they don’t show the iPad 3 anymore

• Teemofie says:

They obviously don’t market them as 3,4 as the tiny amount of time between hardware revisions would annoy any recent buyers who where not following the development of the iPads……

• Anonymous says:

So then I’m not a moron you dumbass.. Since you just made that excuse for me. I don’t follow the development.. But now I am HIGHLY knowledgable thanks to this tidbit of information. I was sooo ignorant. I deserved the insult, cuz I was reeeeally wrong for not knowing something that most people don’t and getting confused. I should be shot.

• Death says:

You’re an idiot. I will shoot you

• Teemofie says:

Yes, you really do deserve the insult because….
      1: You where spouting about things that do/don’t exist without a full grasp of the information.
      2: I was not making an “excuse” for you, But I was pointing out your vast lack of knowledge about something that you deemed confident enough to correct someone who obviously knows more than you.
      3: Your spelling.
      4: Your grammar.

Lesson for today is, Don’t spout about things you have no knowledge of… Ask questions if you are not sure.

Oh and go back to school and finish your English lessons.

Now you may be shot…. Make sure you don’t take it to the head as you are liable to survive. (without any noticeable drop in I.Q.)

• Teemofie says:

You are a moron!

The “new” iPad was the iPad 3 and there has been another hardware change for the iPad 4!
      Could it be the people writing the article know more than you? Hymmmmmm