iOS 6 Tethered Jailbreak Now has Cydia and Easier Installation for A4 Devices

To jailbreak or not to jailbreak, that is the question. There are ways to get a jailbreak up and running for iOS 6 A4-powered devices that will fully work and install the unofficial appstore we know and love (Cydia), but they require a tethered approach.

In case you are new to the jailbreak scene, a tethered solution basically means that the jailbreak needs to be booted by connecting to the computer. Tethered jailbreaks can be quite the headache unless you are certain that your iDevice will always be charged and on unless you happen to be near your PC/laptop.

The good news is that this version is supposed to be installed very easy. The jailbreak software recognizes you have iOS 6 and installs only the needed files, Cydia included. Still, some of us just don’t like the idea of a tethered jailbreak.

So what do you think? Going to give this a chance or will you hold off and wait for a tetherless solution to arrive?

[ source ]

1. I think I have jailbreaked my ipod touch 4g ios 6.0.1 but it doesn’t have cydia and I can’t find a website that allows me to download it straight to m Ipod. Can anybody help me with a website???

2. Fennec says:

i allready installed

3. Tommy ☺ says:

Where can i see a selection of apps for cydia?

4. Tommy ☺ says:

Ok, so I never jb’ed before. Is this the working version of jb for ioS 6 and iPhone 5? where can i get more technical details and the bugs that are occuring with this jb for ios 6? will this jb allow me to go back to ios 5.1.1 for iPod touch?

5. Works great, except a few times the tweaks wouldn’t show up in my Settings, not even winterboard so I had to restore and rejailbreak and it’s working great…so far.

6. My phone is unlocked but there is no Cydia on it and I can’t get MMS. It’s iphone 4 with iOS6 version. How do I jailbreak it to get Cydia. Please help!

7. Vivek says:

I did it on my iphone 4 and it worked like a charm..but jailbreak is not fully compatible with ios6. Themes do not work. so I have reverted back to ios6..didn’t save shsh for ios 5 :( and tethered jailbreak is sure to be a headache so decided to wait for untethered..most of the bugs will be fixed by the time untethered one comes out.

8. Jim says:

I have done this jailbreak three times it is very unreliable and it crashes to frequently almost every cydia tweak or app I get crashes I think the best option is to wait for a more reliable jailbreak

9. Mediworm says:

Why some of my reply are not shown on this website?

10. vitaliy petrovskiy says:

will this make it easier for me to jailbreak because i have a old bootrom iphone 3gs will this make it untethered jailbreak for me? thanks

11. Sdfg says:

Still waiting, don’t mind long as its free :)