HTC One X May Come to Sprint as HTC EVO ONE on June 6th

We have heard a lot of rumors about Sprint’s version of the HTC One X, and many believe that the handset will be announced by HTC and the carrier at the event scheduled for April 4th. Well, now it appears like that is exactly what’s going to happen. According to a new rumor, which comes to us via Android Central and if their anonymous insider is right, the One X will be released on the Sprint LTE network on June 6th as the HTC EVO ONE.

The rumor suggests that the device will arrive with the following specs:

• 4.7 inch, 720p AMOLED screen
  • 1.5 dual-core Krait processor
  • 2650mah non-removal battery
  • 16GB internal memory
  • microSD card slot
  • Android 4.0 with 4.0 sense
  • 8-megapixel camera with 2.0 front-facing camera
  • LTE
  • Beats by Dre audio

The handset is also said to be black and red in color and come with a kickstand.  But since the device has a microSD card slot, larger battery and support for LTE, we don’t think it’s going to be very thin. That suggestion does not make sense.

But, as you might know, Sprint markets high-end HTC phones as EVO devices, and they also released the original EVO and EVO 3D in June. The timing makes sense, but we won’t have to wait too long to know if it does happen next week.

1. I’m hoping this comes out in white for Sprint. I know the evo is black/red but I could definitely go for white.

2. Themorningsleeve says:

I hate that the battery is non-removable.

• Anonymous says:

at 2650mah on the new architecture, is it really that much of a problem?

• Ku_ says:

With a removable battery, I would have the option of getting the extended battery…. (besides that almost impossible to get out off bootloops without removing the battery)

• Anon says:

You wnt need an extended battery. Unless you need the phone to last 5 days. Heavy use I get a day and a half. Meaning a full day not Im lying to make the phone look good day and a half out of the Galaxy note. Thats without LTE though. 2500 is the sweet spot any thing beyond is just more goodness. last time I looked at my note it said 18 hours up time, and I am sitting at 63 percent left. If it were 1800mah I would say pass on it.

3. Jaranjames says:

The sad part is I want the S 3 but I will not be waiting until infinity for it to come out so I guess I will settle for This. And based on what I have been reading on the websites it seems like it will be the second best phone out there.

• Fabian Ruiz12 says:

no it will be the best i thought i wanted the s 3 but i read many review and looked at specs and the one x is just the same or better than the s3. im going for the one x because i have been a htc fan for 5 years

• Anon says:

I was like you. I had been an HTC fan since the HTC Apache and I had lots of HTC winmo and android phone up until the Evo 3d. After I switched to the S2 I never looked back. After getting my Note Ill never use a smaller phone. It fills so many voids. I think I will wait for the new Note or I am done with buying cell phones if Note 2 does not come out. My relationship with HTC is over, but I am still open to their improvements. If something catches my eye I will give it a chance. For now though no.

4. Ryanpw171 says:

woooow i hope those specs are right… DROOLLLLL