Verizon ZTE Jetpack 4G/LTE Mobile Hotspot
When talking about boosting the performance of Verizon Wireless 4G/LTE service, we mentioned the Verizon JetPack 4G LTE Mobile Hotspot MiFi 4510L as a good supplement to the Sleek 4G signal booster . Here, at CES 2012, Verizon Wireless and ZTE have now announced the Verizon Jetpack EuFi890 model. Developed by ZTE, the Jetpack is a 4G /LTE Mobile Hotspot allowing 4G/ LTE – customers to get download speeds of 5 to 12 megabits per second (Mbps) and upload speeds of 2 to 5 Mbps in 4G/LTE Mobile Broadband coverage areas. The global ready device will work in 205 different countries, and 125 more with 3G too.
Other key features:
- Support for up to 10 Wi-Fi-enabled devices
- OLED display with interactive keypad
- Backward-compatible with the Verizon Wireless 3G network
- Data usage alerts via text message displayed on the Jetpack
- Wireless Connectivity: 802.11 b/g/n
- Supports Windows®, Macintosh® and Linux operating systems
- Security: WEP/WPA/WPA2 and VPN pass-through support
- Dimensions: 3.49″ x 3.49″ x .70″
- Weight: 4.7 oz
Looking like a 3.49-inch rounded compact plastic square with an OLED display, this particular Jetpack has 3 buttons that let you manage connections, settings and display data usage alerts. Pricing for the device is not released yet. $269 is the price for Verizon’s Jetpack 4G LTE Mobile Hotspot MiFi 4510L if that’s any indication to you.