The new iRig MIC Cast builds on the success of the initial IK Multimedia model, iRig Mic. The press release for iRig’s MIC Cast lists the following features:
- Stereo mini-jack headphone output which enables real-time monitoring of what is being recorded using headphones or speakers.
- Offers a mini-switch that provides two different sensitivity settings to record close-up or distant sources.
- Includes an adjustable desktop stand for convenient iPhone/iPod touch positioning during recording.
- Has a bumper-friendly mini-jack connector that fits the majority of iPhone/iPod touch cases.
- Has an ultra-compact profile that can be carried anywhere with ease.
- Like other IK Multimedia microphones, it includes 2 free apps: iRig Recorder, an easy-to-use voice recording/editing app, and VocaLive, a multi-effects processing app for singers.
- Works with all regular phone calls and any Voice-Over-IP app.
- Is compatible with iPhone/iPod touch/iPad
The set of apps included with the iRig MIC Cast doesn’t include AmpliTube this time, which is an app that is supposed to be the perfect companion for songwriters and musicians, offering recording and mastering capabilities.
With excellent ambient noise canceling capabilities for working at crowded floors, the iRig MIC Cast will cost $39.99 and will be available in Q1 2012 from electronic and music retailers around the world.
The app is moved and will be bundled with the iRig STOMP, another interesting device for using your iPhone as a tone source for live guitar or bass use.
The iRig MIX is “the first mobile mixer for iPhone, iPod touch, iPad for DJ’ing anytime, everywhere.” Although we have seen others before this.
iRig MIX Features Summary
- 2 stereo inputs with gain, bass, treble and volume controls, independent cue on each channel with LED indication and channel crossfader
- Instrument/microphone/extra input with volume control can be processed by iOS apps (such as AmpliTube, VocaLive)
- Stereo output with RCA connectors, master level and LED meters
- High quality, pristine sound
- Quality headphone output for master or cue monitoring with independent volume control
- Input switch splits Input 1 into dual-mono for use with DJ mixing apps on a single iOS device
- “X-Sync” mode allows auto-sync with any audio source using the included DJ Rig free app
- Can also be powered with battery packs and mobile chargers
- Includes 4 free apps: DJ Rig, AmpliTube, VocaLive, GrooveMaker