It is exactly the same set of files, either distributed as a Cydia package for those that are already tethered or a redsn0w bundle for new users. They both did a great job testing and integrating the payload. Here are the links to their respective blog posts :
- Chronic Dev Team : http://greenpois0n.com/?p=150
- iPhone Dev Team : http://blog.iphone-dev.org
temporary redsn0w download links: http://pastie.org/3078869
iPhone Dev Team has revealed a clear step-by-step procedure for jailbreaking your A4 device:
A few days ago, @pod2g gave the untether to both the iPhone devteam and the chronic devteam. We’ve put it into redsn0w 0.9.10 and PwnageTool, and the chronic devteam put it into a Cydia package (the same set of exploits is in all three).
Here are the basic steps for how to get it:
- The untether is for iOS 5.0.1 on iPhone3GS, iPhone4, iPhone4-CDMA, iPad1, iPod touch 3G, iPod touch 4G
- If you have one of those devices and are not on 5.0.1 yet, update now! The SHSH window is still open for 5.0.1 If you unlock via ultrasn0w or gevey, make sure you only get to 5.0.1 via a custom IPSW! See the guides at places like iClarified.com if you don’t know how. Once you’re at 5.0.1, use the latest redsn0w 0.9.10 to both jailbreak and untether.
- If you’re already at 5.0.1 with a tethered jailbreak, you have two choices: either run redsn0w 0.9.10 over your current jailbreak (deselect “Install Cydia” if you do that), or install the Cydia package prepared by the chronic devteam. The patches are the same regardless of which you choose.
- Some of you are using a hybrid 5.0/5.0.1 configuration. If so, do not attempt to install this untether over that setup! You will most likely get into a reboot cycle. Do a sync and fresh restore to 5.0.1 then install the jailbreak + untether.
That’s it, for non-A5 iDevices. If you followed the procedure religiously, the jailbreak has been reported in more than 1,000 comments as successful. A slightly different procedure for implementing pod2g jailbreak can be found here. 200+ comments so far, plenty of happy campers among them.
Keep following us if you are waiting for A5 untethered jailbreak. It’s coming soon.