Pod2g Focuses Energies On A5 iDevice Jailbreak For iOS 5

So close. So very close. Last week, we saw a brief update on the status of an iOS 5 untethered jailbreak. Then, we saw a video, but when is it actually going to get released to the masses? While we still don’t have a timeline, we have to realize that pod2g is just one man and he only has so many hours in the day. So, he’s decided to focus his efforts on developing an Apple A5 jailbreak for the iPhone 4s and iPad 2.

This sentiment was expressed on his blog, where he says: “I need to focus on A5 and hope I can find a path quick, and I have the feeling that chronic-dev could help me.” It’s not that he wants the Chronic Dev Team to help him develop the jailbreak for Apple A5 iDevices; it’s that he wants them to take a load off his shoulders by working on the other project.

Pod2g has sent all the details to the Chronic Dev Team “so that they can finish, test, integrate and release the A4 jb ASAP.” That helps to free up his time and mental space to “put all my energy from now on on the A5.” If you have an iPhone 4S or iPad 2, that’s good news for you, or not, because you are still eagerly awaiting the fix. He might even have a treat for you before the end of the year. He’s hoping.

1. Jorge says:

I was wondering if i could get also an email when the jailbreak is done, but i need a jailbreak for an ipod touch 4G iOS 5.1 and i’ve been looking for that jailbreak EVERYWHERE and it just doesn’t exist and i need it noww!

2. Hey man, if it’s not too much trouble, is there any way I could get an email when the jailbreak is ready?

3. Ryan says:

MuscleNerd might help you out, along the way. He found the bootrom for solving the A5. :D Hope all fixed ASAP!!!

4. Hamsterwheel1997 says:

thanks for the hard work jailbreak hackers, when it is done and dusted can you send me a link to the jailbreak ive got a iphone 4s and need it quick. thank you very much, my email is hamsterwheel1997@hotmail.co.uk

I’m waiting like a good boy!!!!!!thank u for your hard work and skill

6. TimeShin says:

I bought an iPad 2 5.0.1 so I don’t have a choice but to wait. I can’t downgrade. Best of luck!

7. Ashen Nabil says:

Thank you too much but will update 5.1 waste time you have big stupid!

8. SAHIL96 says:

pod2g n dev team r gawd theyll get d JB bfore 2012 fr sure BOLz to u…..(BEST OF LUK)

9. Kyle Rankin says:

you would think that people with iDevices that are not using the A5 processor would be able to get the untethered sooner, and honestly they probably already have figured it out. They are probably waiting to crack the A5 so they can release it to everyone at the same time, to be fair you know?

10. Kylerankin666 says:

11. Guest says:

superglover85, well you sir are an idiot.

12. Dylan says:

so will he release the unteathered jailbreak for things like 3GS, IPod Touch ect. with the iphone 4S and IPad 2, or will people with older modles get it first?

13. Mmmm says:

really good news. but i see you have stated that hes sending his work to dev team to basicaly debug and clean it up, yet hes comments state hes going to focus his time on a5 processors. indicating he isnt at any stage of development just yet. so a little confusing. where did you get the statement about asking dev team for help??