AT&T iPhone 4S Unlock With No Software, No Hardware, No Jailbreak (UPDATED SCAM)
We’ve been fooled before, but at least this new method won’t cost you any money, at least not directly. A video has appeared on YouTube that apparently shows how you can unlock the iPhone 4S from AT&T and use it with T-Mobile USA… or any GSM carrier for that matter.
The fascinating thing about this unlocking method is that you don’t need to use any specialized software or get any specific hardware to do the hack. You just need the original AT&T SIM and a target (T-Mobile) SIM, though the latter has to be cut to micro-SIM size to fit the slot in the iPhone 4S. It will reportedly also work with the iPhone 4 and iPhone 3GS from AT&T too.
Insert original carrier AT&T SIM card
2. Dial 611 for AT&T customer service hotline and drop the call
3. Turn on Airplane Mode
4. Take out AT&T SIM card
5. Insert T-Mobile SIM card
6. Make sure WiFi is off ( also tap on ‘Forget this Network” to make sure it doesn’t connect automatically later)
7. Switch off Airplane Mode and iPhone will search for network. This is followed by the Apple splash screen appearing.
8. Activation Required will be displayed on the screen
9. EDGE network will activate automatically – notice the ‘E’ on the top left corner of the screen
10. Wait for about 20-30 seconds and turn off the phone
11. Turn on iPhone and the same Activation Required screen will be displayed
12. When you see one signal bar, tap on Use Cellular Connection
13. Eject SIM card
14. Activation Required screen will be displayed the second time
15. Insert SIM card
Not many reports of this being successful are coming in. It sounds very similar to the old xbox disc swap trick. But the only way to have a real jailbreak at this time is with a software carrier unlock or Gevey SIM.
UPDATE: PLEASE DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME, THIS DOES NOT WORK. OUR APOLOGIES. FOR NOW YOU WILL NEED A REAL JAILBREAK.