But it’s not just a novelty phone for hippies. The Cedar boasts EAS push email, fast browsing and Widget Manager 2.0 for quick access to social networks such as Twitter and Facebook via the stand-by screen. With Bluetooth and quick, easy browsing on 3G and HSDPA, you can stay connected – whatever that means to you. You can even use the Cedar as a modem for your laptop.
The only two complaints I would have seem to have simple enough solutions. At 0.6″ it’s a bit thick for the size, but the “human curvature” design now typical to Sony Ericsson handsets ensures it’ll sit comfortably in your hand regardless. It’s not a “smartphone,” but it is smarter, and greener than most.
Sony Ericsson Introduces Cedar™, a GreenHeart™ Handset
Stay Connected with What Matters
• Offers fast browsing capabilities, and easy access to email and social networking sites
• Available exclusively through Fido™ across Canada at an affordable price
Toronto – February 10, 2011 – Sony Ericsson today introduced Cedar™, the latest addition to its GreenHeart™ handset family available exclusively from Fido™ in Canada. Cedar™ will provide environmentally conscious consumers with a phone to suit their needs and complement their values. The phone offers fast and easy browsing capabilities with easy access to e-mail and social networking sites.
With Sony Ericsson Cedar™, consumers benefit from key features which they have come to expect from Sony Ericsson. The phone offers users an easy-to-use social networking experience with the Widget Manager 2.0 – an application which allows users access social networking via the stand-by screen. In addition, the phone also features the human curvature design that is now consistent across the Sony Ericsson portfolio of products
“Sony Ericsson Cedar™ is ideal for consumers who are looking for the perfect balance between a business and social device.” said Peter Farmer, Head of Marketing for North America, Sony Ericsson. “Featuring a port for easy connection to your laptop – the Sony Ericsson Cedar™ is an affordable GreenHeart™ phone which enables consumers to easily connect to their various communities whether it’s for work, fun or play.”
In line with the company’s GreenHeart™ commitment, Sony Ericsson Cedar™ features various green credentials such as post consumer recycled plastics, a lower power consumption charger, an e-manual, waterborne paint and compact packaging compared to previous packaging. The phone is perfect for businesses that are looking for a more environmentally conscious alternative offering push mail, Bluetooth™ connectivity and HSDPA. For more information on the GreenHeart™ program and Sony Ericsson’s overall sustainability program, please visit www.sonyericsson.com/greenheart.
The features of the Sony Ericsson Cedar™ handset include:
• Widget Manager 2.0 allows easy access to your favourite social network and applications
• Social network applications – Facebook™, Twitter™ and MySpace™
• Keep contacts close – hassle-free phone book transfer and web backup
• Stay organised with calendar, phone book, email
• Fast browsing with 3G and direct access to the web browser
• EAS Push email and modem connectivity
• Connect your headphones on the 3.5mm jack and enjoy music, video on the go.
• Capture the moment with the 2MP camera and send it by MMS
• Human curvature design – fits into the palm of the hand
• GreenHeart™ – for a greener choice
The Sony Ericsson Cedar ™ is now available in Canada exclusively from Fido™ starting at $10 with a new activation on a two-year Fido Agreement, or at $110 with no term contract.