Just as we find out that Android has become the top-selling smartphone operating system, it seems another one is already looking to make moves in an attempt to compete for the top spot. Windows Phone 7 is a relative newcomer to the smartphone market, but it has been accepted with general praise, so needless to say Microsoft is quickly becoming a top competitor for the tech-savvy consumer. With that said, it may seem like a few Apple iPhone users were getting bored of looking at the same old iOS, and decided to spice things up a little bit.
In an attention-grabbing demonstration of phone envy, theme creator Wyndwarrior has effectively created an iPhone theme that duplicates the Windows Phone 7 experiences for your Apple smartphone. It is called OS7 and it’s currently in a public beta phase, you can get in on the action by following the instructions below. Although, this cunning mimic will only work if you are the proud owner of a jailbroken iOS device. If that is the case, then you are welcome to take a trip across over the fence and see if the grass is indeed greener. As of now there has been no word on when the finished product will be available, or how much it will cost, so we will have to wait for the glossy version of the theme, but I think that will be safe to say that it will definitely be cheaper than buying a new Windows Phone.
1. Install Backboard from Cydia.
2. Make sure you have created a “Default” backup, if not, press the add button in Backboard and give it a name.
3. Go on your device and click on this link
4. Press “Yes” and wait for it to download. This may take a few minutes depending on your internet connection.
5. Select OS7 from Backboard. Press Install. Respring.