1. chipper says:

A great idea that worked now a mess. Customer service is non-existent. Bought lifetime service, then the service collapsed. Have used overseas before collapse, but now cannot even get a reply to email requesting info on service availability. Still works domestically, and the lost/delayed emails reported have largely been corrected, but the lack of customer service is a huge negative. Cannot recommend without overseas service or ability to reach company.

2. mtm says:

Totally agree with all the above comments. I had a peek pronto that i used back & forth bewteen the US & overseas. It was fairly easy to change of plans and i was fairly satisfied. Since the new peek 9 has been introduced it has been a disaster. I called, sent e-mails since the beginning of December , went twice overseas without beeing able to get an international coverage and was never able to reach anybody. at the Peek customer services. Got also billed twice every month for the last 3 months.

3. Never again says:

I purchased a Peek 9. The device failed to live up to its promises. Peek’s email servers were constantly down, and when email was delivered, it would often miss important emails.

When I returned the item, Peek failed to issue a refund, despite returning it within the required time frame. Worse yet, I have been getting billed monthly for ongoing Peek email service, even though I canceled in October 2010.

Peek has not returned emails or phone calls, and it is impossible to reach a live person at the company by phone.

The only good that has come out of this is that I have realized that my credit card company has a really good dispute resolution process.

• Elena says:

@Never again, Thanks for the warnings, guys, cause I was seriously considering it, and now I think Id rather stick with Virgin Mobile at 25$ a month unlimited msg and 300 voice mins I don’t use. At least they answered my emails. I emailed Peek several days ago and still no answer to a question I asked them.

4. Steve says:

I and 2 friends have Peek devices for use in Haiti. First used a Peek for international communication 18 months ago. Worked fairly well then. Not always reliable but in Haiti few things are. Recent problems with the service have made the devices worthless. We cannot reach Peek customer service by phone to take care of issues such as matching email addresses to the wrong device, inability to activate the device, inability to activate international service and sending of multiple copies of emails. They use to have phone support but their web site says they are so backed up with problems caused by their switch to the new Peek 9 device that everyone has been pulled off the phones to answer emails. If I had it to do over I would not have any involvement with this company.

5. user10 says:

Seriously this unit is a joke. After using it for a year and a half it never is reliable and has so many issue with connectivity. They just released the version 9 that has made all kinds of false claims and it melted the system after a couple days. It such a bad piece of crap that they started giving new units to existing users and extending service for free. Do your homework before buying this inferior device. http://boards.getpeek.com/1/