Nike’s latest announcement brings us the Nike+ GPS app, and it wont need any fancy shoes either.
Nike+ GPS uses your iPhone’s internal GPS and accelerometer to record your speed, distance, and calories burned during your run. Then it maps it out on a Google map for you to check up on later. It syncs data with the Nike+ if you like, and has PowerSongs and motivational messages from Nike celebrity athletes to keep your feet moving.
Some Nike+ GPS features include:
- Records your run’s pace, distance, and run route.
- View calories burned.
- View your run route on Google Maps.
- Set goals and personal challenges within the app.
- Reach goals and get congratulatory and motivational messages from celebrity athletes.
- Get voice feedback on how your run is going.
- Activate your personalized PowerSong for that extra motivational push.
- Sync data with the Nike+ website, where you can set challenges, goals, and utilize the Nike+ runner’s community.
- View your history of runs.
Now available on iTunes for $1.99.
[Nike via Mashable]