Support documents over at Verizon Wireless indicate an update for the Motorola Droid X smartphone is imminent. I don’t know if you are having problems with your Droid X, however this update is sure to clear up some small nuisances. You can expect the update sometime today, or tomorrow. This is what you should expect:
- Improved battery charging status indicator.
- Smoother transition for camera and camcorder functions.
- Redesign of weather widget icons.
- Faster Exchange ActiveSync email loading.
- Streamlined organization of newly downloaded applications.
- Organized favorite contacts by call count.
- Updated Bluetooth connection for enhanced video sharing experience.
- Coordinated date and time across phone displays.
- Cleaner looking status bar for GPS symbol.
- Improved sync capabilities for 3G Mobile Hotspot.
- Faster Visual Voice Mail loading.
- Take advantage of the enhanced, preloaded My Verizon application.
- Preloaded Amazon Kindle application lets you read Kindle books on your Android phone, including thousands of free books.