China-based GP Batteries put their money in to the Delaware corporation and bought the majority if their assets for an undisclosed amount and the Vectrix team is now “in the process of reorganizing and relaunching the brand back into the space,” according to Chief Operating Officer Jason Kim.
Earth2Tech had a chance to speak with Kim from Vectrix yesterday at the International Powersports Dealer Expo in Indianapolis, Indiana. They have formed a “very light” management team and “secured the original engineering team”, their plans now are to rebuilt the relationships with dealers that may have become damaged from the Chapter 11 filing last year. This recent announcement should help them move any remaining Vectrix VX-1 scooters that were left over, it’s never easy to sell something from a company that no longer exists.
The Vetrix team is excited to get new models on the market, and with battery maker GP on board it should be a smooth, green, gasoline-free ride.
Key Features of the Vectrix Scooter
- Zero carbon emissions during operation
- Range of 35-55 miles (depending on speed, rider weight, and driving habits)
- Top speed of 68 mph
- Acceleration 0-50 mph in 6.8 seconds / 0-31 mph in 3.6 seconds
- As responsive as a 400cc scooter but with a 125cc classification, making the bike accessible to anyone with a provisional license who has completed CBT training.
- Patented Multi-Function Throttle provides regenerative braking and a slow-speed reverse for greater maneuverability and easy parking
- The onboard charger recharges the scooter in just over three hours from a standard 110/220V (3 pin) power socket.
- Low noise for reduced sound pollution
- Estimated battery life of 10 years/50,000 miles