Following in the success of its predecessors, the Archos 605 comes equipped with built-in WiFi connectivity, an improved interface, and best yet, it can handle Flash video straight from the web. Yes, you now have YouTube in the palm of your hand. Set to ship at the end of June, the Archos 605 now has a 800×480 resolution touchscreen (480p), improving on last year’s model which had only 480×272.
There are either three or four storage capacities that will be available: 4GB flash ($229), 30GB HDD ($299), 160GB HDD ($399), and possibly an 80GB version (unspecified price). And then there’s the software plug-in options:
– Opera web browser $30
– Internet radio plug-in $20
– Cinema plug-in with DVD (MPEG-2) and AC-3 audio $20
– Podcast plug-in with H.264 video and AAC audio $20
– High-def video plug-in lets you record HDTV up to 720p (24 frames per second) $20
– Widgets plug-in with games and utilities from the Opera widget collection $20
Check out the hands-on gallery here for a more in-depth walkthrough.