In the midst of the shrinking notebook craze, Eurocom has gone the other way, unveiling a 19-inch “supernotebook” that boasts all kinds of fabulous capabilities.
Among the super inserts in this larger-than-laptop, codenamed M590K Emperor, are an AMD Turion processor and dual GeForce 7800 GTX graphics cards. The total GDDR3 memory capacity is 512MB, the DDR400 memory potential is 2GB, and the hard disk can hold up to 120GB of material.
Remember that monitor? It sports a 1650×1050 WSXGA+ resolution and a brightness of 290 nits.
The M590K Emperor will begin shipping by March 1. Prices have not been set.
- AMD Mobile Turion64 MT-40; 64-bit; 1MB L2 cache
- Upgradeable VGA technology: 256MB DDR3 Video with Nvidia GeForce Go7800GTX; or ATi Mobility Radeon x800XT Platinum Edition
- up to 2 GB of DDR400 SODIMM RAM
- up to 120GB 7,200rpm SATA-2 hard drive
- 8x Multi-DVD Burner
- 4-in-1 media card reader
- SRS WOW; Surround Sound System
- internal TV Tuner
- Wireless: WLAN 802.11a/b/g, Bluetooth
- 1 Gig Ethernet
- 5 USB 2.0 ports, FireWire, HDTV port, DVI-I port for dual display, and all standard ports
- full-size 102-key keyboard with a separate numeric keypad
- dimensions: 476 x 343 x 29.5mm
- weight: 6.5 kg