All-conditions snapshots with the Olympus MJU 720SW digicam
For all you outdoorsy, fishing and camping type people, Olympus has got a sleek and rugged waterproof camera for your all-conditions snapshots. The new MJU 720SW digital camera will survive drops of up to 1.5 metres; no worries if it falls out of your bag. Want to take some underwater pictures? Not a problem, as this handy little thing will stay water resistant for up to a depth of 3 metres. Maybe scuba diving is more your thing? Toss the MJU 720SW into a PT-033 underwater case and you’re good to go for up to 40 metres deep.
Technical specs are more than adequate with a 7.1 megapixel sensor and 3x optical zoom. Check out your shots in real time with the 6.4cm LCD display, complete with BrightCapture technology. This’ll make the screen a full 400% brighter so you can be sure you’re getting the perfect shot.
Take your pick of pink, steel silver, or polar blue, then head on out there. Go ahead, I’ll be here when you get back. Price has been set at £300 ($535).
The Olympus µ 720 SW – main features:
* Waterproof up to 3m and shockproof (equivalent to 1.5m)*
* 7.1 million pixels
* Tough metal body in three colours: Dusky Pink, Polar Blue and Steel Sliver
* BrightCapture Technology for better low light photography
* 6.4cm/2.5” LCD
* Bright 3x optical zoom 38-114mm (equivalent to 35mm camera) 1:3.5-5.0
* 24 scene modes (incl. Portrait, Candle, Landscape and various underwater modes)
* Movie function with sound (640×480 pixels, 15fps)
* Macro and Super Macro mode for shots from as little as 7cm
* Editing functions (e.g. Red-eye Fix, Calendar Composition, Layout Composition, Title Composition)
* PictBridge compatible
* Internal memory plus xD-Picture Card slot
* Multi-language menu plus possibility to download further languages from the internet
* Supplied with Olympus Master Software and LI-42B battery
* Optional underwater case PT-033 (waterproof up to 40m)
* Shockproof according to Olympus test methods.
Waterproof equivalent to the IEC standard publication 529 IPX8.
Posted in: Uncategorized