Home » Uncategorized » UK Mobile User Numbers Shows Market Growth in Data
Image_42475_tmimage.jpg

UK Mobile User Numbers Shows Market Growth in Data

Mobile phone carriers in the United Kingdom can learn much about user growth in the “UK Mobile Market” statistical handbook. The number of marketable mobile phone users seems to be realistically capped at about 82% of the population or 43 million. These numbers show the unique number of owners versus the number of accounts. The remaining 18% seems to represent a market of diminishing returns. To maintain and increase revenues, the strategy deems to target existing users by focusing on data services. Presently 20-29 year olds spend the most on contracts and data services.

As in other technology markets, the cost of hardware keeps dropping, giving more users access to the mobile phone market. In that arena, data embodies a bit over a fifth of revenues (21.3%) in 2004, expected to grow 3.9% to 22.3% in 2007. Since unit prices have fallen, messaging and data increasingly becomes a way of offering more for the same amount. Because of this dynamic, messaging, on-the-go music services and online gaming promise the greatest growth for UK mobile phone companies ($335 million and $40 million, respectively, for the last two in 2006).

About Tony Dickey

Check Also

wii-oculus-rift-hoverboard

Try Oculus Rift And Wii To Roam Around On The Back To The Future Hoverboard

Check out how you can fly in virtual space by using an Oculus Rift and a Wii Balance Board.

131129-amz

Amazon Appstore for Android Holiday Deals, Including Free Apps

There are tons of deals from the Amazon Appstore that will be offered starting now and throughout the holiday shopping season. They say that they will have "hundreds of titles that are eitehr free... or available between 50-90% off" the regular price.

131129-google

Black Friday: Google Play Store Apps, Games and Content on Sale All Weekend

Case in point, if you head over to the Google Play Store right now, you'll find that Google is celebrating all Cyber Weekend with discounts on all sorts of content. This includes many popular apps and games

131129-gtab

Black Friday Deal: Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1-Inch for $100 Off

Did you manage to score any epic Black Friday deals this morning? Are you still ...

131128-diy

Arduino Co-Creator Releases Plans for $200 DIY Mobile Phone

Mellis was one of the people who came up with the now hugely popular Arduino platform and now he has come up with plans for people to build their own cell phone for about $200 in parts.

131128-apple

No Discounts for Apple Black Friday, Just Free Gift Cards

If you were hoping to save yourself some cash as you brave the Black Friday shopping crowds, you'll want to go somewhere other than the official Apple Stores.