Sony and Sandisk introduce Memory Stick Micro format
It’s never to late in the game to unveil a new memory format, so today Sony and SanDisk announced the development of Memory Stick Micro. This is an ultra-small IC recording media designed to meet the growing needs of small mobile devices with large storage needs.
Memory Stick Micro is about one-quarter the size of “Memory Stick PRO Duo” media, yet only about 1.2 mm thick. The media’s edges are slotted lengthwise to allow for more slim-line designed connectors to reduce space in host devices. As dual-voltage media, Memory Stick Micro supports devices operating at 3.3 volts and 1.8 volts.
The Memory Stick Micro media will be made available in the first half of 2006.
Memory Stick Micro specifications
– Dimensions: 15 x 12.5 x 1.2 mm, 225mm
– Connector pin: 11-pin
– Maximum capacity: 32GB (Theoretical)
– Max. data transfer rate: 160 Mbps (Theoretical)
– Operating voltage: 1.7 – 1.95 V and 2.7 – 3.6 V
– Interface: serial I/F and 4-bit parallel I/F
– Operating temperature: -25 degrees to +85 degrees C
– Copyright protection technology: MagicGate.
Posted in: Uncategorized