Nikon brings to market the Nikon Coolpix S4, a stylishly-designed camera that is geared towards active people. Featuring 6 megapixels, the Coolpix S4 gives users high-quality images even when the photo is greatly enlarged.
The new digital camera offers users a 10x Zoom-Nikkor lens that is touted to provide more compositional freedom compared with other compact cameras. Further, it has a 2.5” LCD display.
The Nikon Coolpix S4 is also ‘face-friendly’. It features Face-priority AF, a technology that enables the digital camera to sense the presence of a human face in a photo. Once it determines the face, Face-priority automatically focuses sharply on it eliminating blurred faces on snapshots. Coolpix S4 also aims to fix that annoying red eye problem that makes people look like the devil in photographs. In-Camera Red-Eye Fix means better snapshots and better use of flash.
Something else that sets the Coolpix S4 apart is its ‘dynamic swivel design’. Its powerful 10x Zoom-Nikkor lens is encased in a rotating body that enables users to direct the lens without having to redirect the LCD monitor. As such, it paves the way for innovative angles from which one can shoot pictures (e.g., shooting from the hip, shooting from overhead, etc.).
Coolpix S4 is set to hit retail stores in Europe and North America in late September 2005 and sell for about 492 EUR and US $400, respectively.
Nikon Coolpix S4 feature list:
• Dimensions of 111.5 x 68.5 x 37mm (4.4 x 2.7 x 1.4 in.) (W x H x D)
• Minimized weight of approximately 205g (7.2 oz.) (without battery and memory card)
• BSS (Best Shot Selector)
• AE-BSS selects the best relative exposure from a series of shots
• Macro mode lets the user compose as close as 4cm from the subject
• Approx. 13.5MB internal memory
• Secure Digital support
• Time zone function makes it easy to set the camera’s clock to local time
• 4x digital zoom takes you even closer
• Single AF and Continuous AF are selectable in Movie Mode
• Choice of White Balance: Auto with TTL control, 5-mode manual
• Playback options: Single, 4- and 9-segment thumbnail, Slideshow
• Auto, Red-eye Reduction (In-Camera Red-Eye Fix), Anytime flash, Flash cancel and Slow sync. Flash.