Garmin has introduced the iQue M3, an easy-to-use automotive GPS navigator integrated into a Pocket PC. Instead of using a typical stylus, feel free to use your index finger as the new iQue M3 features bigger, more-intuitive icons that make selecting navigation applications easier.
Always getting lost? err… always traveling? The iQue M3 makes use of Garmin’s user-friendly c-series auto navigation application, which is capable of route calculation to anywhere you want to go. Easily check where you are on an electronic map, or look up the address of the friend you are going to visit and plot a route to it. For your convenience, an integrated speaker provides voice-prompted, turn-by-turn directions to your destination.
The iQue M3 navigator comes with a built-in basemap of North and South America that displays major thoroughfares, railways, rivers and borders. It also comes with Garmin’s MapSource City Select DVD, enabling you to download street-level map info, check out about six million points of interests, and steer to any US or Canadian address. Going abroad? Add a European or Pacific Rim basemap from the installation disc and then simply buy detailed maps separately.
iQue M3 comes with Microsoft’s Windows Mobile 2003 Pro Edition software package, Windows Mobile 2003 Second Edition that supports portrait and landscape screen orientation for your multimedia content viewing pleasure. It will retail for $533.32 in the US market.
iQue M3 Specifications
– Operating System: Microsoft Windows Mobile 2003 Second Edition software
– Computing Software: Microsoft Pocket Outlook, Internet Explorer, Word and Excel; Windows Media Player, MSN Messenger Service, Calculator and ActiveSync
– Processor: 312-MHz Intel PXA 271
– Unit size/weight: 5.0” x 2.8” x 0.74”/ 5.9 oz.
– Screen dimensions: 3.5” diagonal
– Display: 240×320-pixel, transflective TFT display; 64K colors
– Internal Memory: 32 MB ROM; 64 MB RAM
– Battery: 1,250-mAh rechargeable lithium-polymer battery delivering 5-7 hours of continuous PDA/GPS use
– Audio hardware: Microphone, speaker, headphone jack
– Expansion: Secure Digital slot with SDIO compatibility
– Networking: IrDA, SDIO, USB