Globetrotter 3G Quad 5-Band Wireless Broadband Data Card
Option N.V. claims that their Globetrotter 3G Quad is the first 5-band wireless data card. The card combines 3G UMTS at 2100 MHz for EMEA markets and Quad band GPRS 850/900/1800/1900 MHz for worldwide markets. Capable of connection speeds of up to 384kbps the card is the perfect solution for frequent traveling users. For business users, the card is also IPSec compatible for secure data exchange over VPN networks. The card is PC capable with support for MAC and Linux on request.
Also included, is options GlobeTrotter Mobility Manager software with handles the connectivity in the background to allow users to seamlessly roam between 3G and 2G networks.
Option says that cards are already shipping to mobile network operators but no pricing information was given.
Other Product Highlights
• 5-band wireless data card suitable for use on 3G UMTS networks at 2100 MHz for EMEA markets and Quad band GPRS 850/900/1800/1900 MHz for worldwide markets
• On a 3G network, the GlobeTrotter 3G QUAD ™ enables a connection to the internet at data speeds of up to 384kbps
• GlobeTrotter PC Card format (Extended Type II PCMCIA compliant and 32-bit CardBus PC Card interface)
• GlobeTrotter 3G QUAD ™ provides transparent handover between UMTS and GPRS networks
• Supports IPSec client software for end-to-end secure corporate data exchange and synchronisation over VPN
• Future proof through user upgradeable Flash Memory technology
• Compatible with nearly all popular notebook PC’s equipped with PCMCIA slot and Microsoft Windows Operating System
• GlobeTrotter 3G QUAD ™ support for MAC O/S and Linux on request
• GlobeTrotter 3G QUAD ™ is customisable for mobile network operators and IT manufacturers.
Posted in: Uncategorized