Sierra is now distributing their MP 775 GPS rugged wireless modem to Cingular Wireless customers for use on their EDGE network. The quad-band military grade
MP 775 is capable of 100 to 130 kbps transfer rates with bursts reaching 216 kbps.
See press release below.
Sierra Wireless MP 775 GPS Rugged Wireless Modem Now Available for EDGE Networks
Sierra Wireless, Inc. today announced the MP 775 GPS rugged wireless modem is now available in the United States for use on the Cingular Wireless EDGE network. With quad-band functionality for worldwide connectivity and data transfer rates averaging 100 to 130 kbps (kilobits per second), the MP 775 offers fast, secure wireless access to mission critical corporate and government applications.
Building on the success of a product line that began with the Sierra Wireless MP 200, the world’s first rugged vehicle mounted wireless modem for CDPD networks, the MP 775 GPS is designed for use in public safety, field service, military and transportation industries. Built for demanding environments and worldwide connectivity, the quad-band MP 775 GPS operates in extreme temperatures and meets U.S. Military and Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) J1455 specifications for vibration, shock, drop, splash, and humidity. The MP 775 GPS modem is backed by a three-year warranty.
“We believe that the MP 775 GPS modem is a compelling EDGE device for government agencies and businesses that require a ruggedized solution for their mobile data needs,” said Chris Hill, Vice President of Government Sales, for Cingular Wireless. “Sierra’s innovation has created the first ruggedized wireless solution that will enable users to access information at speeds significantly faster than CDPD or GPRS network speeds.”
“MP customers often work under demanding conditions, where equipment failure can have serious consequences to public safety and efficiency,” said Dan Schieler, Vice President of Sales, Americas for Sierra Wireless. “The MP 775 GPS offers considerably faster data transfer rates to help our customers access the information they need more efficiently, while still offering the performance and reliability they have come to expect of a Sierra Wireless MP product.”
MP 775 GPS Product Highlights
– Typical EDGE data throughput speeds between 100-130 kbps, capable of bursts up to 216 kbps
– Quad-band operation for EDGE, GPRS and GSM: 850 MHz, 900 MHz, 1800 MHz, and 1900 MHz
– Integrated GPS module for vehicle tracking
– Rugged US Military and SAE J1455 specs on shock, vibration, drop, splash, and humidity
– Operating temperature range: -40C to +70C (-40F to +158F)
– 2 dedicated digital inputs, 2 configurable digital input/outputs, and 4 analog inputs for advanced alarming and reporting
– On-board UDP/TCP PAD
– RS232 serial and USB host connection support
– PTCRB, FCC, and Industry Canada certified
– Voltage range of 9 to 36 Vdc, for use with 12 volt and 24 volt automotive systems
– Threaded antenna connectors (TNC for RF; SMA for GPS)
– Standard 3-year platinum warranty with world-class technical support, 5-year option available.
For more information about the Sierra Wireless MP 775 GPS rugged wireless modem, please visit Sierra Wireless in Booth #702 at the International Association of the Chiefs of Police 2004 Annual Conference, taking place at the Los Angeles Convention Center, Los Angeles, California, November 13 to 15.