Motorola has announced that the V600 will ship in February. AT&T Wireless has set the price at $299 with a 2-year service contract.
See press release below.
Today, at the 2004 International Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas, Motorola, Inc., a global leader in wireless communications, and AT&T Wireless announced that the much anticipated Motorola V600 will make its US debut in the coming month at AT&T Wireless stores nationwide. Striking an exemplary balance between advanced technology and remarkable design, the Motorola V600 elevates the wireless experience with compelling Bluetooth solutions, video clip playback, an integrated camera with zoom and quad-band technology, all housed in a sophisticated clamshell design with metal exterior.
“Just as the ground-breaking Motorola StarTAC and Motorola V60 were the coveted communications accessory of their time, the Motorola V600 is demanding similar attention for its elegant blend of design and technology,” said Joe Woods, vice president of product operations for Motorola. “The new model V600 exemplifies our commitment to enriching consumers’ lives with compelling, easy to use wireless experiences — sharing moments with photos and video, simplifying connections with Bluetooth wireless technology and globetrotting without missing a beat.”
“The Motorola V600 brings advanced mobile solutions to consumers nationwide, giving them new easy-to-use wireless solutions that enhance various aspects of their lives,” said Ketan Kamdar, vice president of device development at AT&T Wireless. “When combined with AT&T Wireless’ mMode service, the model V600 becomes a truly powerful mobile partner, delivering the ultimate in sophisticated wireless communication as it provides access to unlimited information including news updates, restaurant listings and movie times.”
The Motorola V600 offers consumers:
• Freedom to roam: Quad-band technology, 850, 900, 1800 and 1900 GSM bands, allows for voice calls in 125 countries and data activity in 30 countries where roaming agreements are in place
• An expression of individuality: Interchangeable metal covers and situational lighting
• A new tool for sharing memories: Video clip playback, integrated camera with 4x zoom and Multi-Media Message Service (MMS)
• Plenty of room to play: Java™ MIDP 2.0 technology and 5 MB of available memory
The model V600 seamlessly connects with Motorola accessories with Bluetooth wireless technology such as the stylish Wireless Headset HS810, a CES Design and Innovation winner, and the Bluetooth Car Kit by Motorola.
Pricing and Availability
The Motorola V600 will be available in February at AT&T Wireless stores for $299 with a two-year service contract. Additional information on the availability of the device can be found at www.hellomoto.com.
- Camera Specs: 640 x 480 pixels, 5MB memory (shared), self timer option, low light to 5 lux
- LCD: Color, 176×220 pixels, 65,000 colors
- Interchangeable metal covers
- Quad-band GSM
- Multimedia Messaging (MMS)
- POP3 and SMTP E-mail