MX Corporation today announced an expansion of its award-winning line of Modero(TM) Touch Panels by introducing the new wireless 7.5″ and 8.4″ Modero ViewPoint(TM) Touch Panels (MVP-7500 and MVP-8400). The MVPs are the most versatile user interfaces on the market today, incorporating wireless mobility, table top functionality and the flexibility to operate as a wall mount unit. End users can now experience all the attractive features of the Modero Touch Panels, with the handheld convenience and freedom of 802.11b-based wireless control.
“Our mission was to develop the ultimate user interface and the result is the Modero ViewPoint,” said Rashid Skaf, Executive Vice President. “We built all of our Modero family Touch Panels, whether they were Table Top or Wall Mount, with the ability to add wireless capabilities. We simply turned the paradigm around here and made it possible for our next-generation handheld ViewPoint to become a Table Top or Wall Mount unit.”
The MVPs offer powerful and affordable Touch Panel solutions, achieving one-touch automation without compromising the advanced control capabilities that have become staples of leading AMX technology. The Modero family of Touch Panels continues to provide the most innovative features on the market, including the ability to display stunning G4 graphics, the richest colors and pinpoint on-screen clarity. AMX now enables the end user and dealer to choose from an expanded line of Modero Touch Panels, designed to meet their specific needs today and into the future.
The MVPs provide numerous Touch Panel features, enabling them to be used as Table Top or Wall Mount units for maximum comfort and convenience throughout any integrated environment. The numerous features include:
– The AMX-exclusive SmoothTilt(TM) mechanism, available on every Modero Touch Panel, enhances Table Top convenience. With one hand, the end user can quietly and effortlessly adjust the MVP’s display for the optimum viewing angle.
– The MVP’s Table Top Docking Station allows for quiet and effortless adjustment of the MVP’s display. Attach a keyboard and mouse to the Docking Station’s USB ports and access the Web with our revolutionary G4 Computer Control application. Re-charge the batteries while remaining in continuous control of all integrated equipment. The MVP is held securely in place by an innovative magnetic mechanism. Push the Docking Station button to release the magnet and roam with MVP in hand.
– The Wall/Flush Mount Docking Station keeps the MVPs safe, secure, and always within reach. At the touch of a button, the MVP smoothly glides out of the wall. The cradle retracts automatically when the panel is removed. The cradle’s integrated anti-theft locking mechanism, when enabled, requires a valid password before the MVP can be removed from the Docking Station.
– The MVP-7500 comes standard with one Battery Pack, offering up to four hours of normal use with the option of adding a second Battery Pack. The MVP-8400 uses two Battery Packs for twice the power and up to eight hours of normal operation and four hours of continuous wireless operation.
– The 64MB of memory and compact flash offer more graphically rich user interface designs and the ability to retain valuable data in the event of unforeseen power loss.
– The MVP-8400 allows the end user to listen to clear, crisp MP3 and WAV audio files while enjoying instant and effortless control. It also provides microphone and paging/intercom functionality.
The 7.5″ and 8.4″ Modero ViewPoint Touch Panels will be available to ship within 90 days. Visit AMX at Booth No. 108 at CEDIA EXPO 2003 in Indianapolis, Sept. 5-7.