Press Release: LG Mobile Phones and Verizon Wireless announced today the availability of the LG VX6000, a top- of-the-line wireless handset with an embedded camera that offers a long list of the most advanced functions and have-to-have-it styling.
The LG VX6000 features the newly launched picture messaging service from Verizon Wireless. The most robust picture messaging service on the market, this new offering from Verizon Wireless lets customers use photos to personalize their wireless experience and easily share special moments. The new service gives Verizon Wireless customers a visual way to communicate; they can snap photos using the VX6000 and then upload, store, share and send pictures to any e-mail address or any Verizon Wireless TXT Messaging-enabled phone — a feature unique to Verizon Wireless customers — in just a few simple steps. Sharing unforgettable moments with friends and family through LG’s simple-to-use graphical interface with Verizon Wireless’ picture messaging service makes it an easy-to-use wireless multimedia service.
When sending a photo from camera phone to camera phone, customers simply take the photo and then can add a text message, one of five pre-programmed digital “frames” or an audio file to the photos. They can also include up to four minutes of audio or a sound effect (a pre-programmed ringer or downloaded sound) to accompany the photo to further personalize the message.
The LG VX6000’s sleek silver shape has a new twist on the trademark LG clamshell design with an external Organic Electro-Luminescent (OEL) display, a feature that saves valuable battery life as well as enhances the phone design with functional, colorful flashes of moving light.
The LG VX6000 offers one of the only zoom control features available. Shutterbugs can zoom in on their subjects up to four times and adjust the resolution of the photo with three settings: Low (160×120), Medium (320×240) and High (640×480).
The VX6000 is also Get It NowSM-enabled. Verizon Wireless’ Get It Now service is a one stop virtual shop for the company’s extensive consumer data products. In addition to offering customers the company’s extensive selection of data products in one convenient location, Get It Now offers Verizon Wireless customers simplified pricing. getIM, getEMAIL and getBROWSING are $4.99 monthly access, plus airtime. Download charges for getTONES, getGAMES, getGOING, getPIX and getFLIX vary by application and airtime charges apply when browsing, downloading and using certain applications. And with getALERTS and getTXT, customers can pay 10 cents per message sent and 2 cents for each message received, or choose one of the bundled pricing options of $2.99 per month for 100 TXT Messages and TXT Alerts, $3.99 per month for 200 TXT Messages and TXT Alerts or $7.99 per month for 600 TXT Messages and TXT Alerts sent and received.
“The VX6000 is simply one of the most technically capable and beautiful phones available today,” said Dan Gralak, vice president of sales for LG Mobile Phones. “If you’ve been waiting to upgrade to a camera phone and are looking for a model with all the features, functionality, style and sophistication you could ever want, your search is over. The LG VX6000 has arrived.”
“The launch of our robust and differentiated picture messaging service with the VX6000 is a testament to the strong business relationship we have formed with LG,” said Jim Straight, vice president of the Verizon Wireless Internet and multimedia group.
The VX6000 offers the following features:
– CMOS 330,000 Pixels Digital Zoom (Low 4x, Medium 2x, High 1x)
– Fun Frame (5 Options)
– 3 Resolution Adjustments (Low: 160×120, Medium: 320×240, Hi: 640×480)
– Built-in mirror for Self Portraiture
– Upload, Store and Share Pictures
– White Balance Adjustment (Auto, Sunny, Cloudy, Fluorescent, Tungsten, Darkness)
– Color Effects Adjustment (Normal, Antique, Black & White, Negative)
– Innovative, Stylish Clamshell
– External LCD for Quick Access to Caller ID (OEL)
– Get It Now Capable
– E911 Emergency Location Capable
– Blue Backlit Keypad
– 5-Way Navigation Key
– CMX MIDI for Sounds and Ringers
– 30 Voice-Activated Dialing Entries
– Caller ID Ringers: 31, Plus Vibrate & Silent Alert
– Wallpapers (including Beach Ball, Tower Bridge, Sunflower, Beach, Fish, Sea and Snowman)
– Speed Dialing (99 Entries)
– Personal Organizer: Calendar with Scheduler, Alarm Clock, Voice Memo, Notepad, EZ Tip Calculator, Calculator and World Clock
– Large Phone Book (499 Entries; 5 numbers and 3 e-mail addresses per contact)
– English and Spanish User Interface
– Picture Messaging Service (MMS: Multimedia Messaging Service)
– Openwave UP 4.1 Browser
– TTY/TDD Capable
– Internal USB Capable
– Two-Way Short Messaging Service
– T9 Text Input
Offered for $149.99 after a $50 mail-in rebate with a two-year customer agreement, the LG VX6000 is available online at http://www.verizonwireless.com and at Verizon Wireless 1,200 Communications Stores nationwide.