Motorola, Inc. Broadband Communications Sector, the world’s leading supplier of cable modems and digital cable set-tops, today announced the immediate nationwide retail availability of the Motorola SBG1000 wireless cable modem gateway and its DOCSIS™ 2.0 certified SB5100 cable modem.
The SBG1000 combines a Motorola SURFboard® cable modem, wireless networking access point, Ethernet router and switch, print server, and advanced firewall, all in one. The Motorola SB5100 is the latest in a series of Motorola high-speed cable modems and offers the greatest performance in the product line to date.
Tthe Motorola SBG1000 wireless cable modem gateway
Part of Motorola’s “connected home” strategy to expand consumer access to information and entertainment, the SBG1000 addresses the recent growth in home networking, which In-Stat/MDR analysts predict will grow 20 percent year over year through 2007. Motorola has combined two of its inherent strengths to reach this emerging market – the company’s worldwide leadership in wireless communications and its technology expertise in the cable business. Unlike other broadband gateways, the SBG1000 provides enhanced security, the added benefit of a print server and the foundation of Motorola’s proven cable modem technology.
The Motorola SBG1000 easily networks multiple devices typically found in the home or small office, such as printers, fax machines, telephony equipment, and multiplayer game consoles as well as desktop PCs and laptops. The integrated cable modem, switch/router and 802.11b access point enables consumers to take full advantage of their broadband connection throughout the network, while offering retail savings over the purchase of separate devices.
“This new gateway makes it easy for any consumer – regardless of how technologically savvy – to fully experience the convenience of wireless networking,” said John Burke, Motorola corporate vice president and general manager, consumer solutions business. “After decades of building networks to the home, Motorola is now leveraging its expertise to build networks within the home. The Motorola SBG1000 is an example of how, as the industry’s leading cable modem provider, Motorola can work with retailers and network operators, driving innovation to meet ever-increasing consumer demand for broadband.”
Features & Specifications
– Integrated SURFboard cable modem (DOCSIS™ 1.0 CableLabs® Certified)
– Wireless access point using 802.11b (WiFi certified)
– Ethernet router with 5-port 10/100 Base – T switch
– Advanced firewall security
– Print server software for Windows, Mac and Linux
– Network up to 253 users wired and/or wirelessly(06)(07)
– Upstream (your computer to the Internet) provides data transferes up to 10 Mbps using 16 QAM/QPSK RF
– Downstream receives data up to 38 Mbps using 64/256 QAM RF
– Supports up to 253 users (wired including Ethernet, USB, HPNA and wireless)(06)(07)
– 802.11b Wireless access point provides 64-bit and 128-bit WEP security
– Ethernet router offers 5-dual purpose switch/uplink ports and allows both half and full duplex (up to 200 Mbps throughput)
– Netword Address Translation (NAT) and Network Address Port Translation (NAPT) – H.323 protocol support
– Virtual Private Network (VPN) – IPSec, PPTP and L2TP Pass Through
– Advanced Firewall provides Denial of Service (DoS) attack prevention, Stateful Packet Inspection (SPI), Intrusion detection and Demilitarized Zone (DMZ) hosting
– DHCP Server and Client is also provided
Posted in: Uncategorized