American Power Conversion (APC) announced today a family of innovative stylish notebook power carrying cases which will change the way mobile users power their devices. The APC TravelPower Case combines a single power adapter that helps ensure mobile devices such as notebook computers and cellular phones are constantly charged and ready to use. The APC TravelPower Case revolutionizes the way carrying cases are used by keeping mobile devices charged and available for use while decreasing the amount of power adapters one needs to carry.
“Today’s mobile professionals need constant access to a wide range of information as well as the ability to communicate and use a variety of mobile devices to do so,” said Joe Loberti, general manager of APC’s Consumer Network Solutions Group. “The APC TravelPower Case provides the convenience of recharging all your mobile accessories in a stylish notebook carrying case without having to remove anything from the bag.”
Features of APC’s TravelPower Case include:
- Three input power plugs (AC, car, airplane) that allow you to connect to the available power source whether in a building or traveling in a car or on a plane;
- A single power adapter recharges up to three electronic devices, including your notebook, at the same time without removing anything from the case;
- The USB charger port allows you to easily charge two additional mobile devices, such as cell phones and PDAs (USB charging cables are sold separately);
- Specially designed internal pockets provide easy access to all your mobile accessories and other case contents;
- A spill-proof detachable pouch provides discreet storage for personal belongings; and
- Shock absorbing padding on all six sides delivers high-quality protection for your notebook.
The APC TravelPower Case is available in two sizes and styles: a sleek 1000 cubic inch synthetic leather briefcase and a larger 1300 cubic inch case made of tough ballistic nylon. Both TravelPower cases offer the built-in charging electronics and a standard 2-year product warranty.
In addition to the new TravelPower Case, APC’s has added the International Notebook Plug Adapter kit to its mobile product offering. APC’s Notebook Plug Adapter kit contains four different plug adapters in a convenient carrying case that allows notebook users access to local power in more than 150 countries worldwide. The International Notebook Plug Adapter kit is fully compatible with APC’s TravelPower Case.
Today’s announcement further expands APC’s mobile availability solutions that include a line of APC USB Cell Phone Chargers which allows the user to quickly and easily charge their mobile phone through any USB port, the APC SurgeArrest® Notebook Pro Surge Protector family, and a complete line of co-branded APC by Kryptonite notebook security products and other mobile travel accessories.
The new APC TravelPower Case will be available in North America in March 2003 and will carry an estimated resale price of $99.99 and $129.99 respectively. The APC International Notebook Plug Adapter kits are currently available and carry an estimated resale price of $19.99.