NTT DoCoMo, Inc. announced today that the company will begin marketing the new F2611 terminal equipped with hub and router functions on April 22, 2002. The terminal, designed for SOHOs and temporary offices, can be used to local area network (LAN) and connect PCs for wireless web access.
– The terminal’s main features include:
– High speed packet transmission up to 384 kbps (sending and receiving)
– Hub for connection of up to four PCs
– Router enables settings to be handled via PC web browsers
– BluetoothTM handset (included) for use up to approx. 7 meters from terminal
– “Multiaccess” function allows simultaneous voice and packet transmission
The F2611 will be sold through corporate marketing department of DoCoMo and affiliated shops. Pricing is open (unfixed). The standard set includes the terminal, one wireless handset, AC adapter, battery pack and wall-mount kit.